Sunday, January 15, 2006

satisfaction

While there are two lessons a week that I truly want to disappear, there are three that I look forward to with anticipation. These are my Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. All include the following elements:

1. A Japanese family
2. A home-cooked dinner
3. Students who are eager to learn
4. Chatting in Japanese over tea and cookies
5. A relaxed atmosphere

In fact, we have such a good time on Wednesdays that I usually end up missing the last train and staying the night. And on Fridays, I gain two little sisters who fight over who gets to sit next to me at dinner. Saturday evenings involve the whole family gathering to challenge each other with translation questions, eagerly awaiting my verdict of “Perfect!”

Sometimes the money doesn’t matter at all.

No comments: