Friday, May 26, 2006

show me what i'm made of

Not surprisingly, Japan has a bunch of those, “enter you name and birth date and we’ll tell you all about your personality” fortunetelling websites too. My host sister showed me this one last night. Just by entering your name it will “analyze what you’re made of.”

So here’s the test. There are four different ways to write my name for use in Japan. What’s the difference in my composition?

Laura Meyer: 50% show or vanity, 34% profit, 7% mithral, and 2% theory
Meyer Laura: 57% malice, 36% stocks, 5% hesitation, 1% theory, and 1% sweets
Ro-ra Maiya-: 74% mind of the universe, 24% song, 1% hesitation, and 1% success
Maiya- Ro-ra: 55% malice, 34% black ink, 8% sweets, 2% theory, and 1% sucess

Another enjoyable one predicts your last words as you are dying. Mine was something like, “It’s time to die.” My host sister’s was “I have to use the toilet!”

No comments: