Thursday, November 27, 2008

wine 101: resources

In my quest to make good homemade wine, I have made use of a few resources that you might also find to be helpful.

First and foremost, Carey from Food Not Lawns introduced me to the idea of homebrewing, gave a great presentation on it, and produced a handy brochure, "Brew Not Bombs," which provided extra info for the process. If you're interested in getting a copy of her handout, let me know and I can try to get one for you.

Carey incorporated some wisdom from Dolly Freed's out of print book Possum Living, which is available online. It looks like a great book in general, but chapter 12 "The 'Necessities of Life'" is most pertinent for winemaking.

I also found a few good websites which were useful to me in different capacities. There are quite a few out there, however, so you can browse around and find one you might like.

Home Winemaking (good tips and techniques)

Roxanne's Wine Cellar (good wine recipe ideas)

Info on wine yeast, simple and more complicated.

No comments: