Thursday, November 5, 2009

little friends


It's the end of cranberry season here in Wisconsin. Fresh cranberries were a new experience for me, being from the land of corn and soybeans. I didn't know what to do with them. I asked around and ended up putting them in my cereal, eating them plain, and making a tasty cranberry apple crumble. They weren't nearly as tart as I imagined them to be.

I really didn't know anything about cranberries until visiting the Cranberry Museum and Research Center on the West Coast. I learned that cranberry plants are vines, don't necessarily have to be grown in bogs, and have tiny little frogs living with them.

1 comment:

StyckyWycket said...

Hey; I found you through the NaBloPoMo randomizer.

That frog is so adorable!

Good luck w/NaBloPoMo: I'm excited to keep reading your posts.