Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the end of the month

*Breakfast: Yogurt with raisins and almonds; bagel with black sesame spread

Black sesame spread is one of those tasty Japanese foods that I can't find in any market over here. If I have a friend going to Japan/visiting here from Japan, I always ask them to bring me black sesame spread. It's like peanut butter, really, but made of black sesame and sweetened just a bit. It is wonderful on toast.

*Lunch: Leftover red beans and rice with lots of cheese

*Dinner: Fake beer brats, sauerkraut, and roasted root vegetables (beets and turnips)

I like most of the Tofurkey brand fake meat products, but I like their brats/sausages the best. I especially love the Spicy Italian Sausage. The beer brats go very well with this very German of meals we have occasionally, though. And as much as I hated sauerkraut growing up, I love it now.

No comments: