Saturday, December 4, 2010

winter running


Well, it's finally and officially winter in my book. We have six inches of snow on the ground here in La Crosse, and I've seen kids out sledding on hills.

The first snow of the season just happened to coincide with the first race of the Winter Running Series (one race a month December through February). Sam and I both signed up last year, but I decided not to this year since I chickened out of running at zero degrees last January and February.

The numbers were a little low this morning since the roads weren't exactly clear, but we made it to the race. Sam placed 21st out of 215 runners, and 3rd in his age division. My camera didn't like the cold, so I couldn't get a good picture of Sam's frost-coated beard, but I'm sure I'll get another chance for that this winter. (Sam is not in the picture above either. Sorry.)

No comments: