Sunday, November 11, 2012

day 11: recovery



We've been having trouble with a backing-up drain in our basement floor.  Yesterday at dinner, we were talking with friends about this issue, and Sam mentioned something about plants growing in the drain.  I said, "What?! In the drain?"  I imagined green tendrils emerging from the drain holes, searching for light.

In fact, it turns out that there are some sprouts of some plant growing in the sediment deposited around the drain.  I don't know where the seeds came from.  They could have come in on our clothes when we were working outside, or they could be a few pieces of malted barley that got away when we were gathering our grains for brewing.

I don't really know, but I plan on letting them grow as long as they can make it, just so we can find out.

Today's workout:
Five sun salutations
Triangle pose progression
Half-moon pose
Five sun salutations

No comments: