Monday, November 10, 2014

One day a year


I'd like to take a good amount of time to reflect on this, the celebration of my birth, but as usual, I have places to be pretty soon.  So here's the short version.

It's mostly been a whirlwind with almost twenty Ultimate tournaments, a trip to Brazil, more work than ever, coaching, tutoring, making sake, playing with Millie, and everything else that has made up the 33rd year of my life.

I realize that in my dashing about, I've been negligent with my human connections, and I'm grateful for the friends who still will go out for a drink with me even though they haven't seen me for months, my family who still acknowledges me when I don't return emails, Sam who makes me dinner so many times when I'm against a deadline, and Millie who is still excited to see me every time I come home.

Is it too much?  Probably, but I'm looking forward to another crazy year, perhaps with more travels, perhaps with fewer obligations, or perhaps not.  Whatever comes, let it come!

No comments: