Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Too much pink


I like to crochet in the winter. It gives my hands something to do during Sunday afternoon football and on long car trips, such as our yearly pilgrimage to Indiana for Thanksgiving.

This time around, I was tasked with creating slippers for my cousin's daughters.  I was sent the yarn to use, but told I could use any pattern I wanted. Now, these little girls are adorable, but as I got halfway in through the what I thought was an equally cute slipper pattern, I realized that the pink and purple yarn really did not have the effect I was hoping for. 

And I began to dislike little girls with a penchant for pink. Unfortunately for me, I still plan on finishing these slippers, even though I don't like them. I hope that the girls will at least find them acceptable.

No comments: