Saturday, December 6, 2014

Accomplished


I saw this idea somewhere on the internet at least a year ago, and have since then wanted to make a mirror window in my small office to attempt to scatter the little bit of light I get.

I painted the window frame last spring, but somehow never managed to get all the hanging pieces together until now. I had a few issues, the biggest being that my mirror is old and thicker than newer mirrors, meaning the regular mirror hanging kits don't work and I had to find a good way to hang the heavier mirror on my plaster wall.

Anyway, after a few holes in the plaster and scrapes on the wall, the mirror window is finally hung. The mirror itself is pretty well supported, but I'm a little less confident about the window frame. I'm just hoping not to wake up to a crashing sound some night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!