Monday, June 26, 2017

Japan 2017




I went to Japan with my brother and his friends.  While there, I got to catch up with some of my Japanese and Korean friends as well.  We had a good time.

Places we went:

Tokyo: Asakusa, Senso-ji (big lantern), Ueno Park (lotus pond), Kappabashi (fake food), Akihabara (electronics), Shibuya Crossing (lots of people), Meiji Shrine and Inner Gardens (iris), Ryogoku Kokugikan (Sumo Center), Imperial Palace, Tokyo station (vegan ramen)

Nara: Nara Park (deer), Kodai-ji (pagoda), Daibutsu (Big Buddha), Kasuga Shrine (lanterns)

Kyoto: Pontocho and Kiyamachi (night life), Sanjo-Kawaramachi (sushi), Nishiki Market (food), Kiyomizu-deru (temple and spring), Sannen-zaka (artisan shops), Arashiyama (bamboo forest), Fushimi Inari (red gates), Kizakura (sake and beer brewery), Kyoto Station (architecture)

Arima: Arima Gyoen (ryokan), Kin no Yu (hot spring)

We walked approximately 60 miles in 7 days.  My feet and knees are not happy, but I am glad we got to go to so many places.  And it was nice that a hot spring was the last day!

I posted a few more pictures on Instragram.  From now on, I'll mostly be posting things on Instagram, not this website.  If you'd like to continue following me, I'll be on Instagram; it's easier to post there.  Just ask me for my info.

No comments: