Monday, June 26, 2006

god's going bowling

Coming back to Indiana, I was quickly thrown into the summer weather I love most - thunderstorms. They started last week and, according to the weatherman, will continue through this one. These aren’t wimpy Japanese thunderstorms that make a little rumble, scatter a little rain, and move on down the valley. These are the powerful, house-shaking, tree-felling variety that drop hail to break windshields, rip holes in roofs, and often muster up a few tornados.

I sat on the porch during a storm the other day. It was refreshing to feel the splatters of cool rain on my legs as I rocked back and forth in the porch swing. Lazy days with nothing to do means that you can hang out reading books, listening to music, playing music, and gazing out into the front yard. The dog was running around in circles trying to hide from the giant booming around in the sky, and the cat cuddled up for protection. I sat until it was over, my book had been finished, and it was time for lunch.

No comments: