Tuesday, November 25, 2008

wine 101: persimmon

Lucky UIS students get the entire week off of school for Thanksgiving break. I'm heading to Indiana today after work to spend some time with my and Sam's families. I'm taking some wine as gifts. I hope my relatives like it as much as I do.

Persimmon Wine
Date Started: November 9, 2008

Ingredients:
- chinese persimmons - 5 very ripe
- sugar - 5.75 cups
- yeast - 1/2 tsp
- vessel - sun tea jar

Notes:
Reanimated yeast for approximately 5 minutes.
Put on top of the radiator.
Probably used too much sugar. Didn't use the sugar formula, but noticed that persimmons have 22% sugar content. This wine is going to be very, very sweet.
Jan. 25 - Liquid level was down to half a gallon, but the yeast was still going, so I added 3 cups of water.

*UPDATE*
Date Bottled: February 10, 2009
- a little under 3/4 gallon

No comments: