Monday, January 25, 2010

Trouble in Vegas


We went to Las Vegas for an Ultimate tournament. Rain for a week caused our fields to be moved, and our two day tournament shortened to four hours. Did we complain? Not much.

Instead, we:

...gambled, of course. I played blackjack and penny slots. I lost, and then I won. So I came out of the weekend pretty much even. My favorite dealer was the Janet Jackson look-alike.

...walked a lot. I have blisters from walking up and down the Strip to meet people, eat with people, drink with people, look at cool things, and bask in the sunny 55 degree weather.

...stayed up late. I'm trying to think of the last time I went to bed at 4:30am, and it was definitely years ago. The tournament party was at Studio 54, nothing closes on the Strip, and there are free drinks available everywhere. There was no reason to go to bed early.

...had a good time. I don't know whether Vegas was everything it was hyped up to be, everything I thought it would be, or neither of the above. It doesn't really matter, because we enjoyed ourselves.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I ended up going to bed early-ish (before 2 AM) on Saturday night, but drinking half a bottle of vodka on top of the typical excessive beer and wine consumption might have had something to do with that.

It was good seeing you and Sam. Have a good spring!