Tuesday, June 29, 2010

a little birdie

Sam opened a few of the basement windows the other day to bring a little fresh air into the damp area under our house. Then he sat down on the porch with a book, and I went to the office to do some work.

Half an hour later, I heard a fluttering that I thought sounded a little like it was in the house. I got up and sure enough, there was a small bird that had made its way through the narrow basement window, up the stairs, and into the kitchen. It was frantically attempting to fly through the panes on the kitchen door to escape.

I herded the bird away from the door so I could open the escape route without further terrifying it, and as soon as the sunny outdoors were visible, the little bird took off. Now why can't flies by that easy to take care of?

No comments: