Tuesday, November 2, 2010

election day should be a national holiday

*Breakfast: Granola with Organic Valley Pourable Yogurt (berry flavor), and an apple muffin

*Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwiches with Amy's Organic Lentil Soup

A grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of soup is one of my comfort meals. I could eat it pretty much every day. I like to jazz up my grilled cheese by using more than one kind of cheese (today was aged provolone, pepper jack, and farmer cheese), adding tomatoes and onions, and spicing with fresh herbs, if possible (today there was dill).

*Dinner: Sandwiches from the Bodega

My friend's birthday and Two for Tuesday at the Bodega coincided this week. So we celebrated with beer and two for one sandwiches. I had the Pusan, which is a Reuben sandwich with kimchi instead of sauerkraut. I think it could have been spicier. Sam had some veggie sandwich, the name of which I have forgotten. Neither sandwich was awesome, but neither was bad either.

No comments: