Monday, May 16, 2011

spring blossoms



Last year, I was told not to plant my garden before the second weekend of May, which is the average last frost. I remember heeding this advice, but not really feeling like I needed to since the weather was warm by May.

This year was a different case. While we did have a few random days of 75 degree weather in April, most of the month was still 40 degrees with rain and wind. And then there were those four days of snow...

The weather finally seems to be cooperating now, though. We planted our basil, oregano, and spinach outside today. My flower seeds have started to come up, and the crabapple trees are in full bloom. They remind me so much of the cherry blossoms in Japan. Those blossomed and fell a full two months ago, but my crabapple tree is telling me its finally spring here in Wisconsin.

No comments: