Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a good sport

There were three young men sitting in the front row of the concert hall last night. They, and most of the audience, were obviously in attendance because their Music Appreciation professor had required it.

These young men started poking each other, whispering, and giggling almost immediately during the first song. At first I thought they might be enjoying the accordion, which is not something one usually sees. Then I thought maybe they found someone in the choir amusing.

However, their behavior continued throughout all five pieces. My eyes kept being drawn back to them, but I had to pull myself away because their laughing was starting to get contagious. The last thing I needed to do was start laughing in the middle of a song.

I have no idea what their issue was, but I have to say I'm glad they were enjoying something about the concert. The rest of the audience I'm not so sure about.

No comments: