Tuesday, January 24, 2012

grechaninov

Just in case you're planning a trip to La Crosse, my choir is performing Grechaninov's "Passion Week" at St. Mary of the Angels Chapel on February 11th and 12th.  It is an intense piece of Russian church music with incredible bass lines and surprising chord progressions that will sound amazing in the acoustics at the chapel.  In addition, I'm in the small group performing one of the movements!

DAY 8
Bring temp of mash down to 55 deg
Add 7.30 oz koji to mash
Add 1.5 cups R-O water to mash
Set aside 1.25 cups R-O water in refrigerator

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Didn't know you were a singer. I've been singing sacred harp / shape notes the past couple of years.

-Steve G.

lw said...

Is the concert being recorded? If so, how soon can I get a copy to use in Music Appreciation class (Martin Gigler, instructor)??

Laura said...

Steve, I have to admit that I had to look up shape notes, but now that I have, it looks really interesting. Perhaps once I've finished dealing with the Russian, I'll take a look at some of that.