Monday, January 23, 2012

snow biking

Winter this year has been very odd.  I was riding my summer bike all the way through until the beginning of January because we had warm temperatures and zero snow.  Then we were blasted with below zero temperatures, and now we're consistently snowy with some sunny days to turn the snow on the streets and sidewalks into mush.

At the first snowfall, I put my summer bike away, and only rode my winter bike when the roads were really clear.  Today, however, I biked to the YMCA when the streets were still very much snowy.  And you know what?  It was so much fun!  I slid around a bit, but I never felt like I was going to fall over.  In fact, I started purposely going through larger snow piles to see how I'd do, and it was easy.  Forget the bus; I'll be biking all winter!

DAYS 6-7
Stir and check temperature twice a day.
Temp stable around 70 deg.

No comments: