Thursday, April 3, 2014

Together

Millie and got to be pretty good at cross-country skiing together this winter.  She learned where to run in relation to me and my skis and poles, and I learned to release her from the harness when going down hills (or not, depending on how fast I really wanted to go).

Now that the snow is (mostly) gone, we're back to working on off-leash hiking.  We're also adding bicycling to the mix.

I have read that people with dogs often don't get as much exercise as they thing they will because they now have to devote time to the dog in addition to their own workouts.  I can definitely see where this is true, but my goal for this year is to really see if I can combine the two so that both of us can get some quality exercise in while not annoying each other.

No comments: