Monday, March 23, 2015

By the numbers


Firstly, random Hawaii photo. No good photos of Sam and I together exist from our Hawaii trip. So it goes.

Secondly, yesterday was as bad as Saturday, but in a different way. Less discomfort, but more light sensitivity. I wish I liked listening to basketball more, because yesterday would have been great. Instead, I was very bored.

Today, the doctor said my eyes are healing very well and now I just have this line across my eyes where the epithelial layers growing across have met each other. That should smooth out in the next 36 hours, and I'll have a decent idea of what my final sight should be like.

Right now my vision is approximately 20/50. Do you know what that means? I did not, so I asked. 20/20 means that you can see at 20 feet away what a normal person sees as 20 feet away. 20/50 means that you can see at 20 feet away what a normal person can see at 50 feet away. The big E on the eye chart is 20/200.

Let's put this in perspective for me. 20/50 roughly corresponds to a glasses  prescription of -1.00 to -1.25. My prescription before surgery was -9.00. That doesn't even begin to register on the 20/x scale. Nice improvement, don't you think?

No comments: