Sunday, August 13, 2006

cooler and cooler

While riding my bike to frisbee pick-up yesterday afternoon I came up on a house blasting music. I thought it might be some sort of band practice, but as I passed I saw a lone guitar player jamming in his boxer shorts on the front porch.

There is something incredibly universal about ultimate frisbee players in the United States. No matter where you go you will find pick-up, and the players will be friendly, and they will invite you to a party, and the party will involve costumes, and someone will end up at least half naked. I’m glad to be back in a country where fun on and off the field is emphasized and asking random people you’ve never seen play to be on your team for the Midwest’s third largest tournament is the norm.

Donny, I’ll be in Milwaukee next weekend.

No comments: