Thursday, May 28, 2009

people's food cooperative

I love my co-op. Every day during my morning break I walk the two blocks from my office to my co-op to buy a piece of tasty, organic fruit. Because of my regular visits, the produce man has gotten to know me. He'll see me standing in front of the fruit considering my options and he'll point out the particularly tasty or particularly well-priced fruit for the day. Today, he gave me some white peaches just past their prime and discounted some bruised strawberries for me.

I really enjoy being able to walk into a store where I recognize the workers and they recognize me. It makes shopping even more fun than shopping for wonderful organic food already is.

1 comment:

Laura Meyer said...

Hi,

Your blog came up in my Google Alerts. I got a kick out of it because not only do we share a name, but also a love for our respective co-ops. I'm touring through Wisconsin in the fall - I'll try to stop by!

All the best fruit to you,

Laura

www.laurameyer.net