Sunday, September 27, 2009

wine 101: spiced peach

I made a peach wine last summer that turned out really horrible, probably because I was impatient and my peaches were not ripe. That was not a problem this time; my peaches were practically falling apart. I decided to try a spiced peach wine because I received some cinnamon bark pieces as a present and had yet to figure out what to do with them. Cloves seemed a reasonable addition after that. Hopefully it turns out well just in time for the really cold February evenings next year.

Spiced Peach Wine
Date Started: September 25, 2009

Ingredients:
- peaches - 6 very ripe
- cinnamon - one medium length bark piece
- cloves - 1/4 tsp
- sugar - 3.75 cups
- yeast - 1/2 tsp. (Lalvin KI-V1116)
- beginning specific gravity: 1.080
- beginning % alcohol: 11%
- vessel - wide-mouth jar

Bottled:
- ending specific gravity:
-ending % alcohol:
*approximate % alcohol of wine =

No comments: