Sunday, November 1, 2009

herons of la crosse


Once again, it is time for the wonderful NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month. During the month of November, I will try my darnedest to post on this blog every day. For the second year in a row, I have settled on a theme of sorts to give me something concrete to post about. Last year it was winemaking, and this year it is photos. I'm just gonna post some photos I take and write a bit about them.

The inaugural picture is from a walk Sam and I took a few days ago. It was a perfect fall day, and all the leaves were glowing in the afternoon sun. We walked past the Pump House, an art gallery that proudly displays the last of an old community art project - The Herons of La Crosse. These are large heron statues decorated by local businesses. I liked this one in particular because it didn't have glasses, a suit, or sparkling gems all over it.

No comments: