Tuesday, November 20, 2012

day 20: giving

So, if you haven't noticed, I have pretty much given up on the whole "daily exercise" thing.  Mostly, this is because despite the fact that I have typed the word "exercise" here many, many times, it always takes me at least three guesses before I can get it spelled right.  It's a mental block, I'm sure, just like I can never remember the PLU for pistachios in the shell.  Never.

Seriously, I never seem to have the time to do even fifteen minutes of something silly.  I know this is a very big excuse.  I could, for example, get up earlier, read less internet, or many other things to set aside some time.  But I have not done so.

Instead, I have just had Sam sign me up for a 5k winter running series.  One 5k race every month for the next three months.  That gives me a concrete goal of beating Sam, and therefore, I must prevail in real workouts.  My initial plan is to get up really early every day.  This will start after Thanksgiving break, of course.

1 comment:

ultimatesamwood said...

That is insane. You will not come close to beating me. A better goal is to finish, oh, within 5 minutes of me or something.