We started the day out well with new wiring, outlets, and switches for our lighting. The vent went in without any problems. And then we came across some problems.
Our floor may be not as water-damaged as we thought, but the boards have warped with age, thereby creating unevenness and significant frustration for our contractor who is trying to level the floor. It turns out that one side is 1/2 inch lower than the middle, and one side is 3/4 inch lower than the middle (that's the side with the most water-damaged boards). This will require drastic measures to fix.
The bedroom wall is bulging due to, most likely, the degradation of the plaster "fingers" holding the plaster to the slats and the consequent separation of the plaster from the inner wall. We are surmising that the plaster was dislodged during previous bathroom renovations. The bulge was present when we moved in, and it only took two days for Sam to poke his finger into it to see exactly what it was. We've had the bulge and the subsequent hole ever since. Might as well fix it while we have the chance!